The 2015 Clek Foonf is Clek’s no-compromise convertible child seat – introducing revolutionary safety technology, innovative convenience features, and recyclable. New for 2015 is the addition of a lower harness slot.
The REACT™ Safety System integrated into every Foonf child seat protects your child much like the crumple zones in the cars we drive — one of the most effective innovations in automotive safety. In a collision, the vehicle comes to an abrupt stop, but the child continues to move at the same speed. The less time that it takes for the child to come to a complete stop, the higher the forces exerted on the child. The REACT Safety System allows that sudden change in momentum to happen over a longer period of time through a series of controlled events. Foonf is designed to ride down the collision crumpling the aluminum honeycomb and absorbing energy from the collision resulting in less force transferred to the child.
The Clek Foonf is designed for comfort and convenience and to match each child;s individuality. With the Rigid-LATCH installation and a narrow width profile, the Clek Foonf actually makes a parent's job easier.
- Structural Headrest with Deep Side Wings: Energy-absorbing foam-lined Headrest connected to frame using steel rods provides maximum head protection in a side-impact collision.
- Energy-Absorbing Foam Layers: Foam layers on both the inside and outside of the frame protect your child by absorbing energy in a side-impact collision, resulting in less force directly upon your child.
- Extended Rear-Facing Installation: Foonf was designed to international best practices for extended rear-facing use, which is to accommodate children in a rear-facing installation until their 4th birthday.
- Anti-Rebound Bar: In Rear-Facing mode, Foonf’s Anti-Rebound bar improves stability by limiting rotation of the child seat, helping protect your child’s head from impact in the case of a collision.
- Rigid Sub-Structure: Foonf is reinforced by a steel and magnesium sub-structure.
- Improved Rear-Facing Installation in Smaller Vehicles: Unique design improves rear-facing installation in smaller vehicles by taking up less fore-aft space.
- Extra-Padded Seat Cushion: Additional layers of thick foam padding make for comfortable rides and protects against numb-bum syndrome!
- Smooth Recline: Foonf includes an easy-to-engage, smooth recline function, making each ride more comfortable.
- Approved for use in Aircraft
- Crypton Super Fabrics: Permanent protection against stains, moisture and bacteria. The only thing this fabric doesn't resist is easy cleaning. Fabrics are removable too.
- Seating Depth: 12.5"
- Seating Height: 21.5-26.5"
- Harness-Slot Height: 10-17"
- Width: 13-17"
- For-AFT Measurement in Rear-Facing: 33"
- Height Measurement in Rear-Facing: 25.75-28.5"
- Seat Weight in Forward-Facing: 32 lbs.
- Seat Weight in Rear-Facing: 36 lbs.
Child Rear Facing:
- Height: 25-43 in Weight 14-50 lbs. Minimum Age: Child can hold head upright unassisted (approx. 6 months)
Child Forward Facing:
- Height: 30-49 in Weight 20-65 lbs. Minimum Age: 1 year and walking unassisted